Job Posting Date: 15th February, 2016
Fung Yuen of Tai Po is known as a haven of butterfly in Hong Kong and East Asia. It has been designated as the Site of Special Scientific Interest since 1980. Fung Yuen has been ranked 4th in overall ecological and conservation values among the 12 conservation sites by the New Nature Conservation Policy launched in 2004. Fung Yuen Butterfly Reserve of Environmental Association (Previously known as Tai Po Environmental Association) located in the Fung Yuen SSSI since August 2004, is committed to provide sustainable conservation management to the site. For more information on Fung Yuen Butterfly Reserve, please refer to www.fungyuen.org.
Project Officer (Species Conservation)
Major job duties:
- Perform species conservation activities in the Reserve;
- Assist in implementation of ecological research and monitoring programs;
- Organize and provide administrative support to educational programs and events on environmental conservation;
- Contribute to the development and production of new educational publications and online materials;
- Assist in daily centre operation works
Job requirements for above positions:
- Bachelor Degree holder in Ecology, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Geography or any discipline related to conservation;
- 1-2 years of related working experience in environmental conservation;
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and conservation works of Fung Yuen Butterfly Reserve;
- Having interest in wildlife;
- Strong sense of self-motivation;
- Must be prepared to work closely with insects, wildlife and plants;
- Patient, persistent and able to work independently under pressure;
- Have good communication skills, well mannered, and a pleasant and outgoing personality;
- Experience in organizing activities and campaigns is highly recommended;
- Familiar or interested in butterfly watching and photo taking, knowledge on wildlife such as birds, plants and insects, previous experience on organic farming are absolute advantages;
- Fluent in written Chinese and spoken Cantonese (English and Mandarin would be of added benefit).
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Project Assistant.
Interested persons should send their CV and job application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please indicate the job title in the subject of e-mail) on or before 14th March, 2016.